A few years ago I went to the Cleveland Clinic for my biennial physical, and they told me I had a 50% chance of getting adult onset diabetes. The fact that my father had it put me at a 25% risk and the fact that I was 25 pounds over weight contributed to the other 25%. They also told me I was shrinking. Over the years I had gone from 5’7.25″ to 5’6.75″. I’m now hoping to stay healthy enough to make it to 5’5″. We should all have goals.
They gave me a colonoscopy as well, and not only was that a ton of fun, it jumpstarted me on a weight loss program that saw me drop from 174 pounds to my target weight of 153 pounds. I felt great. Nothing beats being the weight you were in college.
And now I am a fat slob again. I tipped the scales this morning at 168 pounds.
So, it is time to get serious. No sugar, no crap, no slacking [and maybe even gluten free]. I am returning to Naples in September for the winter, and I will be 159 pounds. That’s a good start to getting back to 153 pounds [which I plan on finishing off during the winter].
Who is with me?
June 16, 2016 Weight Update: After our 18.104.22.168 Program, my weight is down to 156 pounds – and I feel great.
October 20, 2021 Weight Update: I’m still 156 pounds and I feel great.