Weight Loss

A few years ago I went to the Cleveland Clinic for my biennial physical, and they told me I had a 50% chance of getting adult onset diabetes.  The fact that my father had it put me at a 25% risk and the fact that I was 25 pounds over weight contributed to the other 25%.  They also told me I was shrinking.  Over the years I had gone from 5’7.25″ to 5’6.75″.  I’m now hoping to stay healthy enough to make it to 5’5″.  We should all have goals.

They gave me a colonoscopy as well, and not only was that a ton of fun, it jumpstarted me on a weight loss program that saw me drop from 174 pounds to my target weight of 153 pounds.  I felt great.  Nothing beats being the weight you were in college.  

And now I am a fat slob again.  I tipped the scales this morning at 168 pounds.

So, it is time to get serious.  No sugar, no crap, no slacking [and maybe even gluten free].  I am returning to Naples in September for the winter, and I will be 159 pounds.  That’s a good start to getting back to 153 pounds [which I plan on finishing off during the winter].

Who is with me?

Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 8.33.42 AM

June 16, 2016 Weight Update: After our 9.9.90.9 Program, my weight is down to 156 pounds – and I feel great.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s